Changes to the composition of the Board of Directors and the Supervisory Board of ArcelorMittal Poland
The Supervisory Board of ArcelorMittal Poland has today approved the changes to the composition of company’s Board of Directors (BoD). Earlier, changes were made to the Supervisory Board itself.
Following his appointment as the head of Human Resources and Information Technology at ArcelorMittal Europe – Flat Products, Sanjay Samaddar has decided to step down from the position of the Chairman of the Board of Directors at ArcelorMittal Poland. However, he continues to support the Polish operations since he was appointed Chairman of the Supervisory Board of ArcelorMittal Poland.
Geert Verbeeck, until recently the CEO and deputy chairman of the Board of Directors has been appointed Chairman and Czesław Sikorski - Deputy Chairman of the Board. Additionally, three Chief Operating Officers (COOs) in charge of primary, flat and long operations respectively have joined the Board of Directors.
- I am glad to welcome Herve, Tomasz and Bogdan to the Board of Directors of ArcelorMittal Poland. I believe that the fact that they will now be involved in the decision-making process at the highest level of our company will foster ownership and add significant value to our operations – says Geert Verbeeck.
The revised composition of ArcelorMittal Poland’s BoD is as follows:
- Geert Verbeeck, chairman and CEO
- Czesław Sikorski, deputy chairman
- Tomasz Dziwniel, board member
- Bogdan Mikołajczyk, board member
- Herve Mouille, board member
- Adam Preiss, board member
- Tomasz Ślęzak, board member
- I want to thank all my colleagues at ArcelorMittal Poland for their contribution and support during my tenure since 2009. Those were indeed years of extraordinary investments and transformation with which we have changed the shape of Polish steel – years which I will always cherish – comments Sanjay Samaddar. – I am delighted that the shareholders have given me the privilege of continuing my relation with ArcelorMittal Poland as the Chairman of the company’s Supervisory Board and I will continue supporting the group in cooperation with the authorities and the public sector. I am glad that I am handing over the leadership of the BoD to Geert Verbeeck, who has been the CEO and deputy chairman of ArcelorMittal Poland for the past 4 years and has an excellent knowledge of the company’s operations. I wish Geert and the new board members the best of luck – he adds.